G-Eazy Breaks Silence After Conviction in Sweden - NBC10 Boston

G-Eazy Breaks Silence After Conviction in Sweden

The rapper shared on Instagram that he is "embarrassed & apologetic beyond words"

Find NBC Boston in your area

Channel 10 on most providers

Channel 15, 60 and 8 Over the Air



    G-Eazy Breaks Silence After Conviction in Sweden
    Scott Dudelson/Getty Images for Coachella
    Rapper G-Eazy performs as a special guest on the Coachella stage during week 1, day 3 of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 15, 2018 in Indio, California. G-Eazy took to Instagram on Sunday to address his conviction in Sweden last week.

    Following his arrest and conviction of assault, drug possession and resisting arrest in Sweden earlier last week, G-Eazy, who was born Gerald Gillum, is "grateful" to be a free man, the rapper said Sunday on social media.

    On Friday, G-Eazy avoided jail time but was sentenced to two years of probation and ordered to pay 80,000 krona (around $9,000) for his crimes, and a restitution of 6,500 krona (about $810) restitution to the security guard he allegedly assaulted, People reported.

    On Sunday, G-Eazy took to Instagram with a lengthy post.

    The 28-year-old wrote, "Grateful & blessed to be free & safe. Happy to be in Copenhagen tonight doing what I love most. Embarrassed & apologetic beyond words about the incident, but above all I'm so f-cking grateful they let me go, craziest experience of my life, awful night with a lot of bad luck and some even worse decisions but like I said I'm grateful as f-ck to be a free man, back on tour performing for the fans."

    He added,"Thank you to everyone who's held me down along the way and supported this journey, I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. Love."

    On Thursday, E! News reported that video footage obtained by TMZ showed the "Him & I" rapper getting loaded into a police car in Stockholm, just hours after performing in the city with his girlfriend, Halsey, on Wednesday night.

    TMZ reported that G-Eazy was partying in a club and "acting belligerent" when security approached the rapper to get him to calm down. That's when G-Eazy allegedly "started throwing punches, striking one guard in the face," according to the site, which added that when police then detained G-Eazy, they allegedly found cocaine in his pocket.

    On Thursday morning, Swedish police confirmed to The Blast that an American citizen was arrested in the early hours of May 3 "on a charge of assault."

    "Police say it appears the assault involved an official or employee at the club," the site states.

    According to videos on social media, G-Eazy was at club Solidaritet in Stockholm with Halsey and Sean Kingston before the arrest.

    Before going to Solidaritet, there was an after-party at Nosh and Chow following G-Eazy's show.

    "When he was at Nosh and Chow everybody had a good time and there was no problems whatsoever," a source told E! News. "Nosh and Chow was the low-key after-party for them and their friends. It was hosted by Roshi Hoss and Joel Ighe. They were having a good time, dancing and being positive and friendly. It was them, Sean Kingston and their friends and crew."

    After that is when things got rowdy.