(This article was sent first to members of the CNBC Investing Club with Jim Cramer. To get the real-time updates in your inbox, subscribe here.)
What I am looking at, November 12, 2021
- Veteran hiring: Which companies are doing their part?
- Musk weighs in on Rivian... says what it has to do... Musk on Rivian: "I hope they're able to achieve high production and breakeven cashflow. That is the true test…. There have been hundreds of automotive start-ups, both electric and combustion but Tesla is the only American carmaker to reach high volume production and positive cash flow in the last 100 years."...Musk sold stock again: 639K shares
- NXPI... analyst meeting yesterday... good EV, radar
- Tapestry (TPR)... UBS and Piper Sandler raise price targets... Piper sees durable drivers structurally ahead of pre-pandemic levels
- JNJ... breakup... incredibly positive and has worked for others... premium consumer products and premium pharma, like Glaxo and Pfizer...consumer biz 4 brands over $1B, 20 brands $150M sales but pharma gets J&J name
- Wedbush buy to hold on Nvidia... valuation and GPU verge of softening... really?
- SOFI... strong top-line…Jefferies says originations drive top-line beat, new member trends strong
- HPE... Goldman goes from hold to sell... cites moderating IT spending
- YETI... strong momentum heading into 2022... guidance raised for third time... inventories in line
- Warby (WRBY)... slightly better than expected.. sees FY net rev $539M to $542M; estimate was around 5.37... reported 32% rev growth, 23% increase in active customers... but huge loss, going from $49 million to $91M—co cited increase in SG&A
- DIS... Jungle Cruise and Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings streaming November 12... $1.99 for one month deal... Loop cuts price target from $220 to $205... analyst says FY 22 much more back ended than we thought...says company is doubling content ..INTL should really help them... December Q should be tough.
- Note Goldman was involved in three biggest transactions of the week... advisor on GE and J&J breakups and among lead underwriters of Rivian IPO
- QCOM investor day next week... JPMorgan says diversification at forefront, inexpensive valuation even with Apple risk...$200 price target
The CNBC Investing Club is now the official home to my Charitable Trust. It's the place where you can see every move we make for the portfolio and get my market insight before anyone else. The Charitable Trust and my writings are no longer affiliated with Action Alerts Plus in any way.
Get Boston local news, weather forecasts, lifestyle and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Boston’s newsletters.
As a subscriber to the CNBC Investing Club with Jim Cramer, you will receive a trade alert before Jim makes a trade. Typically, Jim waits 45 minutes after sending a trade alert before buying or selling a stock in his charitable trust's portfolio. If the trade alert is sent pre-market, Jim waits 5 minutes after the market opens before executing the trade. If the trade alert is issued with less than 45 minutes in the trading day, Jim executes the trade 5 minutes before the market closes. If Jim has talked about a stock on CNBC TV, he waits 72 hours after issuing the trade alert before executing the trade. See here for the investing disclaimer.
(Jim Cramer's Charitable Trust is long DIS, AAPL, NVDA.)