2 Arrested in Connection With Shooting, SWAT Response in Plymouth

No one was hurt in Wednesday's incident at the Algonquin Terrace housing complex, police said

Two people have been arrested in connection with a shooting incident that prompted a SWAT response in Plymouth, Massachusetts, on Wednesday, according to police.

Schericia T. Barber, 37, of Plymouth, is charged with two counts of carrying a firearm without a license, one count of possession of ammunition without an FID card and one count of having a large capacity firearm in a vehicle.

Siron E. Cromwell-Harrison, 25, homeless, is charged with one count of carrying a firearm without a license, one count of firearm violation with one prior violent/drug crime and one count of discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building.

No information on their bail or court appearances was immediately released.

Police also said they located and secured two more handguns from the scene. Another firearm had been found at a nearby Walgreens on Wednesday.

Local and state police, along with SWAT and ATF officers, responded to the Algonquin Terrace housing complex on Wednesday morning after reports of gunfire.

A second housing complex nearby was evacuated amid the search while area schools were put into "safe mode" as a precaution.

No one was injured in the incident, which was originally reported to police as an active shooting.

Police believe the incident stemmed from a confrontation between two groups of as many as eight people, but don't know exactly what happened.

"It appears that there were two groups of individuals, and we do not have any idea of what the motive is," Plymouth Police Chief Michael Botieri said.

Officers at the scene saw people running away from the complex, including two who ran into a condo at another complex on Marc Drive. That complex was eventually searched and no one was found.

Aerial footage from NBC10 Boston's Sky Ranger helicopter showed four people being taken into custody on Wednesday. Botieri said they were later released, and that police had simply been exercising caution amid the developing situation.

Contact Us