3 Whitman Families Displaced in Christmas Eve Fire

Three families were displaced from their home when a fire broke out on Christmas Eve in Whitman, Massachusetts.

Fire crews were called to Linden Street shortly after 8 p.m. when a resident in a three-decker reported a fire on the building's second floor.

The Whitman Fire Department said firefighters contained the blaze to the second floor, but all three floors were left uninhabitable.

No one was injured in the fire.

Firefighters went inside after knocking down the fire to remove wrapped Christmas gifts from all three apartments. The department said all the impacted families would be staying with relatives.

"I am very proud that we were able to save a bit of Christmas for these families who have been put out of their homes tonight," Whitman Fire Chief Timothy Grenno said in a statement.

The chief estimates that the fire caused about $100,000 in damage.

Contact Us