A 6-year-old boy is under investigation for allegedly molesting other children on a school bus.
Boston Police said they aren't able to say much about the investigation because of the children's ages. They said they were notified of the incident on Nov. 3 by Boston Renaissance Charter School in Hyde Park. They referred the matter to the Children's Advocacy Center because of the ages of the students involved.
Parents told necn that they were only notified of the incident by the school on Monday after some of the details were shared by a parent on Facebook over the weekend.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
necn spoke with the mother of one alleged victim who says her son was molested a number of times.
"He said it happened more than 10 times," said the mother who does not want to be named. "As a mom, I lost it. My son was being touched on the bus by another child, that's 6-years-old. The kid wanted my son to play with his genitals and he wanted my son to play with his genitals also. He mentioned a lot of grabbing of the buttocks."
The mother said the boy, who is now under investigation, also made threats against her son.
"He made mention that there were guns at his house and if he was going to say anything that he was going to kill me."
Boston Renaissance Charter School issued a statement Monday saying that it is taking the matter "very seriously" and has taken steps to ensure student safety and to protect the privacy of the students involved.
"We are aware of the Facebook post that has been circulating regarding an alleged incident on a school bus earlier this month," the school said. "We can assure all Boston Renaissance families that the school leadership team took immediate action and followed appropriate legal protocols, contacting law enforcement immediately upon learning of the issue.
"This is a highly sensitive matter," the school added. "We ask our school community to respect the privacy of our students and families, and allow the school to handle this appropriately."