Eight priests from the Archdiocese of Boston have tested positive for the coronavirus.
The priests are receiving care at home and in the hospital, the archdiocese said. The two parish priests are recovered and have completed their quarantine.
Anyone who had been in the company of the priests has been notified, the archdiocese said.
"We pray for these priests that they are returned to health as quickly as possible. And we pray for all of our people who are suffering from this disease," the statement from the archdiocese said.
The archdiocese suspended all masses weeks ago to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Eighty-nine people have now died from COVID-19 in Massachusetts, where there were a total of 6,620 cases as of Tuesday afternoon.
Gov. Charlie Baker said earlier this week that the state is expecting to see a surge in cases between April 7 and April 17.
On Tuesday, Baker extended the state's stay-at-home advisory and his order requiring all non-essential businesses to close through May 4. Both were originally set to expire on April 7.
The 10-person limit on gatherings in the state has been extended as well, following a similar extension by the federal government.