DA: Woman Killed in Marshfield Shooting; Husband Sought - NBC10 Boston

DA: Woman Killed in Marshfield Shooting; Husband Sought

Find NBC Boston in your area

Channel 10 on most providers

Channel 15, 60 and 8 Over the Air



    Manhunt for Husband of Woman Killed in Marshfield

    A manhunt is underway for Allen Warner, the husband of a woman who was shot and killed in Marshfield, Massachusetts.

    (Published Monday, Sept. 24, 2018)

    What to Know

    • A woman called 911 to report that her soon-to-be-ex-husband was chasing her in a car in Marshfield, Massachusetts.

    • When police arrived, the woman was found shot. She was taken to South Shore Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

    • Authorities are searching for the woman's husband, Allen Warner, a person of interest.

    A woman who was shot Monday in Marshfield, Massachusetts, has died, authorities confirmed.

    Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy Cruz announced Monday night that the woman had called 911 shortly before 6 p.m. to report that her soon-to-be-ex husband was chasing her in a car. When police responded, they found the victim with injuries to her face.

    The woman was taken to South Shore Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

    Massachusetts State Police, local police and a SWAT team took part in a manhunt for the victim's husband, 47-year-old Allen Warner, who is being considered a person of interest.

    Authorities believe Warner is driving a gray 2013 Toyota Corolla with Massachusetts plates reading "4FSZ80."

    Allen Warner
    Photo credit: Plymouth County District Attorney's Office

    Warner is considered armed and dangerous, and authorities are asking people not to approach him if they see him or his car.

    Police are urging residents in the area to stay inside and to lock their doors while they search for a suspect.

    At one point earlier in the evening, police ran after a man, handcuffed him and searched him. After speaking with him, they let him go and continued searching for the suspect.

    Route 3A and surrounding roadways were closed, according to Patrick Marvin of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation.

    Duxbury Athletics announced on Twitter that its volleyball team was in lockdown in Marshfield High School, but it later said the team had been released and was on its way back to Duxbury. Police in Marshfield said around 8:30 p.m. that the high school had been completely cleared.

    Get the latest from NBC Boston anywhere, anytime:


    Download our FREE app for iPhone, iPad and Android. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and sign up for our e-mail newsletters.