With First Night Boston festivities expected to impact traffic and parking in the Back Bay and on the waterfront, city officials are urging revelers to use public transportation.
The Boston Transportation Department announced that traffic restrictions will be in place for the New Year's celebrations in the following locations:
• Boylston Street, between Dartmouth and Charles streets, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Charles Street, between Boylston Beacon streets, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Parking restrictions will be in effect on Dec. 30 through New Year's Day in the following areas:
• Boylston Street, Copley Square side, from Dartmouth to Clarendon streets
• Boylston Street, both sides, from Berkeley to Arlington streets
• Arlington Street, both sides, from Beacon to Boylston streets
• Atlantic Avenue, east side, from East India Row to Commercial Street; west side, from Commercial Wharf to Cross Street
• Beacon Street, both sides, from Charles to Arlington streets
• Berkeley Street, both sides, from Boylston to Newbury streets
• Blagden Street, both sides, from Dartmouth to Exeter streets, not including the BPL parking zone
• Boylston Street, both sides from Exeter to Berkeley streets; Public Garden side, from Arlington to Charles streets
• Charles Street, Public Garden side, from Boylston to Beacon streets
• Charles Street South, odd side, from Park Plaza to Boylston Street
• Clarendon Street, north side, from Newbury to Boylston streets; Trinity Church side, from Boylston Street to Saint James Avenue
• Dartmouth Street, both sides, from St. James Avenue to Newbury Street
• Saint James Avenue, both sides, from Clarendon to Dartmouth streets
• Trinity Place, Copley Fairmont side, from Saint James Avenue to Stuart Street; both sides, from Stuart Street to the Clarendon Street Parking garage, at/ opposite #40 Trinity Place
For a complete list of traffic advisories, click here.
Watch the First Night Boston 2019 festivities on NBC10 Boston, necn and Telemundo Nueva Inglaterra on New Year's Eve. Click here for more information.