Terrorism Task Force Interviewed Boston EMT Attack Suspect After Airport Bomb Threats - NBC10 Boston

Terrorism Task Force Interviewed Boston EMT Attack Suspect After Airport Bomb Threats

An EMT was stabbed in Wednesay's attack, losing "a terrific amount of blood," according to Boston's EMS chief

Find NBC Boston in your area

Channel 10 on most providers

Channel 15, 60 and 8 Over the Air



    New Details About EMT Attack Suspect, Victim

    As the Boston EMT stabbed in her ambulance was released from the hospital, police are releasing new details about airport bomb threats she had been investigated over.

    (Published Thursday, July 11, 2019)

    One day before a bloody attack inside a Boston ambulance, members of a terrorism task force questioned the alleged attacker in connection with bomb threats at multiple airports, the NBC10 Boston Investigators have learned.

    State and federal police assigned to a Joint Terrorism Task Force interviewed 31-year-old Julie Tejeda Tuesday in connection with hoax bomb threats at multiple airports, including in Martha’s Vineyard and Washington, D.C., according to a statement issued by Massachusetts State Police and a Washington airports official.

    Tejeda was in court Thursday after being arrested on charges of assault with intent to murder and other offenses in connection with Wednesday's attack, but didn't enter a plea, instead leaving for a psychological exam.

    An EMT was stabbed in Wednesay's attack, losing "a terrific amount of blood," according to Boston's EMS chief, and her partner was hospitalized after being sprayed with a chemical like Mace. Over 100 EMTs crowded the Boston courthouse Thursday to show support for their injured coworkers.

    EMTs Pack Boston Courthouse for Suspect Stabber's Appearance

    [NECN] EMTs Pack Boston Courthouse for Suspect Stabber's Appearance

    More than 100 off-duty Boston EMS EMTs walked into a Boston courthouse Thursday morning as the woman suspected of stabbing a colleague of theirs made her first court appearance.

    (Published Thursday, July 11, 2019)

    Police who had investigated the bomb threats the day bfeore the attack also interviewed Tejeda’s family members and one of her friends, and obtained a warrant to seize her phone, police said.

    “Investigators determined that Tejeda, who was cooperative, had no criminal history, had no history of violence against herself or others, exhibited no terroristic intentions, and had a support network of friends and family within the same household,” the Massachusetts State Police statement reads.

    Authorities in Massachusetts learned of the bomb threat in Washington, D.C. early Tuesday morning. A woman called D.C. police and warned of a bomb at a D.C. airport, but did not specify which one, said Micah Lillard, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, which oversees operations at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport.

    “Boston police responded to her home and determined the threat was not credible,” said Lillard, the D.C. airports spokesman.

    Staff in the operations office at Martha’s Vineyard Airport also received a bomb threat call at 6:04 a.m. Tuesday. The facility was evacuated and it remained closed for more than three hours while state police used a bomb-sniffing dog to search the terminal and the grounds. State police confirmed Thursday that Tejeda was questioned in connection with the Martha’s Vineyard incident.

    Tejeda is scheduled to appear in East Boston Municipal Court July 26 for a hearing on allegations of making a bomb threat.

    EMS Stabbing Suspect Allegedly Connected to Airport Threat

    [NECN] Boston EMS Stabbing Suspect Allegedly Connected to Martha's Vineyard Airport Threat

    Police are investigating whether the woman accused of attacking two Boston EMTs Wednesday also called in a bomb threat to the airport in Martha's Vineyard earlier this week, sources told NBC10 Boston. 

    (Published Thursday, July 11, 2019)

    The assault happened Wednesday afternoon inside an ambulance after the EMTs responded to a call of a possibly "emotionally disturbed" person.

    As the three were on the way from East Boston to Massachusetts General Hospital, Tejeda allegedly became combative.

    She allegedly stabbed one of the EMTs four times while the ambulance was traveling near Government Center, Michael MacNeil, the president of the EMS union, told the NBC10 Boston Investigators.

    A second EMT who was driving the ambulance pulled over to help the first victim but was sprayed with a Mace-like chemical by Tejeda, officials said.

    "I can't say enough of the EMTs and paramedics who took care of her last night," Boston EMS Chief James Hooley said. "She did lose a terrific amount of blood, but the folks at Mass General did a terrific job because they all know her. She works in East Boston."

    The EMT who was stabbed is a 14-year veteran of the force and her partner is a 10-year veteran.

    EMT Stabbing Suspect Due in Boston Court

    [NECN] EMT Stabbing Suspect Due in Boston Court

    The suspect accused of stabbing two EMTs inside an ambulance will face a judge.

    (Published Thursday, July 11, 2019)

    The stabbing victim was released from Massachusetts General Hospital Thursday evening. She was reportedly awake and surrounded by loved ones and co-workers in the hospital on Wednesday night.

    The second EMT was treated and released.

    Get the latest from NBC Boston anywhere, anytime:


    Download our FREE app for iPhone, iPad and Android. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and sign up for our e-mail newsletters.