The agent for New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown said Wednesday the sexual assault claims against his client are false and he "denies every one of them."
The 31-year-old athlete is accused of sexually assaulting his former trainer on three occasions. In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Florida, Britney Taylor says the alleged assaults happened in 2017 and 2018.
Agent Drew Rosenhaus, in an interview with ESPN, said he and Brown had been anticipating the possibility of a lawsuit for some time.
"What I want to emphasize is that Antonio takes these allegations very seriously," he said. "He is the loving father of five children, including a daughter."
Rosenhaus said he has two daughters of his own and wouldn't be doing the interview if he didn't know Brown was innocent.
"These allegations are false. He denies every one of them. I am very confident his legal team has facts that will prove this," he said.
Rosenhaus stressed that this is a civil case, and not a criminal one, and said people should wait to judge Brown until they know all of the facts.
He said Brown will cooperate with the Patriots and the NFL, and he is confident his client will be cleared of the allegations.
"They're not true, they're absolutely untrue."
The NFL was expected to begin its investigation into the situation on Wednesday.
Brown practiced with the team for the first time on Wednesday afternoon.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Brown, a Miami native, was released by Oakland last week after clashing with the team throughout training camp. He agreed to a contract with the Patriots on Saturday but has yet to play for the team.
Brown and Taylor met through a Fellowship of Christian Athletes group at Central Michigan University, according to the lawsuit.
Taylor said Brown reached out to her via Facebook in June 2017 and asked the former gymnast for help with improving his strength and flexibility.
According to the lawsuit, Taylor was sexually assaulted by Brown on separate training trips to Pittsburgh and Florida that same month. The suit includes what it says are text messages from Brown bragging about the second assault.
Taylor says in the suit she then cut off ties with Brown. But she agreed to work with him again after she says he apologized and agreed to provide hotel accommodations for each training trip.
According to the lawsuit, Taylor and Brown were in Miami in May 2018 when he raped her in a bedroom at his home. Taylor says she shouted "no" and "stop," but Brown refused.
NBC does not typically identify victims of sexual crimes, but Taylor was identified in the federal lawsuit and was quoted in a statement provided by her lawyer.