A restaurant in Burlington, Massachusetts, reopened its doors on Saturday, two days after its general manager died following a chemical incident.
Only a few cars were in the parking lot of the Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday evening, and friends of Ryan Baldera who were at the restaurant tell NBC10 Boston it was a somber atmosphere inside.
A sign on the restaurant's front door, which was left by a Good Samaritan, paid tribute to the 32-year-old from Lawrence, who died Thursday evening after he was rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Baldera, who was a new father, became overcome by toxic fumes when an employee mixed two cleaning agents while trying to clean the kitchen floor.
The chemical incident caused the Buffalo Wild Wings to be evacuated and also sent 13 other people, 11 workers and two customers, to the hospital. It remains under investigation.
The Burlington Area Chamber of Commerce has set up a memorial fund for Baldera's family. Anyone who would like to contribute can send a check made out to "Ryan Baldera Memorial Fund" to:
Cambridge Savings Bank
214 Cambridge St.
Burlington, MA 01803