Several fans unfurled a massive Trump 2020 banner at Friday night’s Boston Red Sox game against the Seattle Mariners, prompting other fans to quickly rip it down.
The incident, which happened at Fenway Park, quickly spread on social media, where fans posted photos and videos and offered mixed opinions.
“I would’ve ripped it down as well,” Aimie Searles said. “Good for them.”
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Another fan disagreed.
“Yell and scream at it,” Steven Salhaney said. “Yeah, I agree. Boo. Definitely. Tearing it down? No.”
Shortly after the incident, Dion Cini accepted responsibility for the fiasco, posting a photo of himself holding the banner on Twitter with the caption: “Got my flag back.”
Cini was banned for life from Disney World last year after he waved another Trump 2020 sign on the Splash Mountain ride at the Magic Kingdom.
He could not be reached for comment.
The Boston Red Sox quickly ejected the fans who were responsible.
In a statement, the team said in part: “The fans were in violation of the club’s signage policy....”