Residents of a Roxbury building that was evacuated due to a gas leak Friday morning have been allowed to return after fire crews determined the structure is safe.
The Boston Fire Department said authorities responded to a gas leak at 9:50 a.m. at a building on 1065 Tremont St. National Grid responded and shut down the leak safely, fire crews said.
The building was tested and authorities determined it was safe to go back inside.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Photos from the scene show multiple firefighters responding to the call and an engine’s ladder suspended into the air and aimed at the building. Gas crews could also be seen digging underground.