A large house fire broke out in Peabody, Massachusetts early Friday morning.
Crews were seen battling the fire on Sanborn Street, as smoke billowed from the home.
First responders appeared to be evacuating nearby homes, as firefighters battled the flames.
Get Boston local news, weather forecasts, lifestyle and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Boston’s newsletters.
Firefighters have been able to knock down most of the fire.
Captain John Brophy with the Peabody Fire Department said it was still too early to say what may have caused the fire to be sparked.
"Once it gets in the walls and it runs into the cockloft it's pretty tough to get a hold of," Captain Brophy said. "At this point, the fire is contained. We're still looking at some hot spots."
There was a ceiling collapse from the third floor to the second floor, Captain Brophy added, also confirming that everyone got out of the home okay. Firefighters said around 12 people were displaced, and no one has been reported hurt.
Wagner Vigo, who lived on the third floor, rushed out with his wife and daughter just in time.
"We were sleeping and the person who lives in the back side of the top floor was banging on the door saying that, 'There was a fire, there's a fire,' and then we went down," Vigo said, who lost his home.
An investigation remained underway Friday.