Exclusive Surveillance Footage Shows Man Shot in Face in Dorchester

Surveillance footage exclusively shared with NBC10 Boston shows a man shot in the face in Boston's Dorchester neighborhood as two suspects drive by on a moped.

One of the two males accused of shooting 20-year-old Anthony Nave in the face was allegedly wearing a GPS bracelet at the time of the shooting, prosecutors said Tuesday in court.

Twenty-year-old Boston resident Kevin Woods was allowed to hide behind a door during his arraignment on numerous charges, including armed assault with intent to murder and carjacking, in Dorchester District Court.

Woods allegedly pulled the trigger Monday afternoon and shot Nave in the head as he was riding a moped as a passenger on Centre Street. Authorities said a 17-year-old boy was driving the moped before crashing it. The two allegedly tried to carjack another vehicle before running away on foot, when they were arrested.

The victim's father, David Nave, watched the surveillance footage in horror.

"He took his helmet off, grabbed the side of his head in the video, and ran," he said. "The white scooter with the two kids just kept shooting and shooting, and they drove by."

Nave says his son and Woods have had problems in the past.

"Past is past, or whatever," he said. "Choices, bad mistakes, kids growing up. But no one deserves to be shot."

Anthony Nave, who received non-life-threatening injuries in the shooting, is still recovering in the hospital. He is in intensive care with a bullet lodged in the left side of his head.

Boston Police Commissioners William Evans called the shooting a "targeted assault" on Monday.

"It was quite a heated chase. I was listening to it," Evans said.

Two guns were found in a jacket the men tossed during the chase, according to investigators.

In court, prosecutors said Woods had been wearing a GPS bracelet for another gun case when Monday's shooting happened.

Woods' family members stormed out of court after hearing he would be held on $250,000 cash bail. He's due back in court on June 20.

The 17-year-old was expected to be arraigned later Tuesday.

Contact Us