Local

In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.

Man Dies From Smoke Inhalation in House Fire

02242011 Fire car generic

A 54-year-old man was killed in a house fire Friday evening in Somersworth, New Hampshire.

Janis Millers was found dead in a hallway when crews responded to the fire at 86 South St. around 5:45 p.m.

The fire started on a front porch. Officials believe the fire originated on the front porch.

In an autopsy that was performed in Concord Saturday morning, the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office determined Millers died from smoke inhalation.

The fire remains under investigation.

Contact Us