A Massachusetts man who had been wanted in connection with an armed home invasion and kidnapping in Concord earlier in the week has been taken into custody in Key West, Florida.
Julian Field, 24, of Bedford, is facing a kidnapping charge and will appear in federal court in Key West Friday, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
According to court documents, Field broke into the home of a Concord resident at 3:45 a.m. Sunday and forced the victim at knifepoint to drive him to a train station in Connecticut, first stopping in Springfield, Massachusetts, in an attempt to buy drugs.
Once in New Haven, Connecticut, at about midnight, Field allowed the victim to leave.
The victim, who has not been identified, drove back to Massachusetts and called the police. He was not hurt.
Field was tracked to Florida, where he was arrested Thursday.
Concord Police said Monday Field is facing additional charges, including armed home invasion, armed assault on a person 60 years of age or older, armed assault in a dwelling and armed burglary with assault on occupants.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Department of Justice officials said Field could face a life sentence for the kidnapping charge.
Field will be brought to Massachusetts at a later date.