New Hampshire

Woman Stun-Gunned, Son Arrested in Fight With NH Officers, Police Say

Trevor Dinneen, 25, and Marian Dinneen, 52, are facing multiple charges in the alleged altercation at a home in Merrimack

A mother and son from New Hampshire are facing charges after allegedly fighting with police who were called to the home in Merrimack Sunday.

Officers arrived for a well-being check after receiving a report of a possible domestic assault involving a knife, Merrimack police said. But the people at the home weren't cooperative.

As police tried to question Trevor Dinneen, who was outside the house, the 25-year-old allegedly tried going back inside the residence.

When officers tried to detain him, police said, Dinneen's 52-year-old mother, Marian Dinneen, tried to grab an officer.

A struggle ensued between police and the Dinneens. During that struggle, Marian Dinneen kicked an officer twice while Trevor Dinneen kicked and struck two officers with his knee, police said.

The scrap was so severe that officers had to use a Taser to subdue Marian Dinneen, police said.

Once both mother and son were in custody, police began their investigation on their initial call to the residence. The officers found that Trevor Dinneen threatened another man with a knife at the home earlier that night, then used the knife to damage a vehicle, police said in a statement.

Trevor Dinneen also allegedly assaulted a member of the household, according to police.

He is scheduled to appear in Hillsborough County Superior Court-South on Sept. 23 on charges of resisting arrest, detention, domestic violence, domestic violence - simple assault, criminal threatening, criminal threatening and four counts of simple assault on a police officer.

Marian Dinneen was released on personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear in 9th Circuit Merrimack District Court on Oct. 17 where she is facing three charges of simple assault on a police officer and resisting arrest.

It's unclear if either of the Dinneens have attorneys.

Contact Us