What to Know
- Jeff Montaque of Cambridge and Wilfred Peters of Brighton were found shot to death in Brighton on June 30.
- Thursday, police identified the suspect in the killings as 20-year-old Nicholas Antoine of Boston.
- Anyone with information is asked to call the Boston Police Department at 617-343-4468.
Police have identified the man wanted on murder charges in the shooting deaths of two people late last month in Boston's Brighton neighborhood.
Twenty-year-old Nicholas Antoine of Boston is accused of shooting two people on June 30 after the bodies of 27-year-old Jeff Montaque of Cambridge and 26-year-old Wilfred Peters of Brighton were found near Faneuil and Brackett streets.
Thursday, police announced they were searching for Antoine. A warrant has been issued for two counts of murder, along with firearm charges.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
"I haven't slept at all," Montaque's brother, Eric, told NBC10 Boston three days after the shooting. "My mind, my soul won't let me sleep."
Eric Montaque said his brother was not in any gangs and was a victim of street violence.
"He just worked hard, traveled," he said. "That's it."
Anyone with information about Antoine's whereabouts is asked to call homicide detectives with the Boston Police Department at 617-343-4468.