Boston Red Sox pitcher David Price is disputing a report that "Fortnite" no longer is allowed in the Red Sox clubhouse.
Rob Bradford of WEEI reported Wednesday that the team decided having the popular video game in the clubhouse was counterproductive toward their on-field performance. "Fortnite" turned into a controversial topic last season when it became the scapegoat for Price's carpal tunnel syndrome.
Price's teammate and fellow "Fortnite" player Nathan Eovaldi believes the decision was made due to the team's slow start to the season.
"Maybe if we were doing a little better maybe we would be doing it," Eovaldi told Bradford. "But you can't be losing and playing Fortnite in the clubhouse.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
"I think everybody, in general, understands that rule. When I came over here last year I was surprised because when I was with the Rays you didn't do that. When I came over here we're in first-place, everybody is having a good time and getting the job done. Now we have other things we have to focus on and tend to."
But Price said Thursday that "Fortnite" is not banned in the clubhouse, according to the Boston Herald's Michael Silverman. Price said such a ban hasn't even been discussed and added that he was about to go play some "Fortnite."
Click here to download the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Celtics easily on your device.