Robert Kraft categorically denied any wrongdoing just hours after being charged with two counts of soliciting prostitution, and he's been standing his ground ever since.
But should the New England Patriots owner just take his lumps and move on?
According to ESPN's T.J. Quinn, that's what some in Kraft's circle expected he would do when Florida prosecutors offered to drop charges against him if he admitted he would have been proven guilty at trial.
Here's Quinn during an appearance Thursday morning on WEEI's "Mut & Callahan:
"There are people around him who have said to me they can't believe he doesn't just take this plea agreement, this diversion agreement that they offered and say, ‘OK, fine, I did this. I am sorry.' And then move on with it.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
"They are pretty amazed that he's going to continue to fight it like this."
Few actually expected Kraft to accept that plea deal after he already maintained his innocence. But considering Florida prosecutors allegedly have video evidence of the Patriots owner at the Orchids of Asia day spa in Jupiter, Fla., Kraft could have gotten ahead of the story by expressing remorse right after the charges came out and hoping the story died down.
Kraft is well past that point, however, and his legal team is now working relentlessly to prevent said video evidence from going public. That battle continued Wednesday, when a judge ordered the state of Florida not to release video evidence of Kraft until there's a hearing despite Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg stating earlier that day his office was obligated to make the evidence public.
Click here to download the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the Celtics easily on your device.