Staffer at Danvers Indoor Sports Facility Stabbed; 2 Arrested

The victim was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries

NBC Universal, Inc.

The manager of an indoor sports facility in Danvers, Massachusetts, was hospitalized after being stabbed Wednesday night, police said.  

According to Danvers police, the alleged attackers – two brothers – were arrested after the altercation with the staff member at the Danvers Indoor Sports Facility.

The victim was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and has since been released.

One of the alleged attackers, Crismael Lithgow, 21, was arraigned at Salem District Thursday on charges including assault with intent to murder. His brother, the other alleged attacker, was arraigned at Salem juvenile court.

During Lithgow's arraignment, prosecutors said police were called to the sports complex just before midnight.

"As officers were responding, dispatch said that the manager of the facility was on the phone with 911 frantically reporting that he was being attacked by two individuals and was screaming for help," Assistant District Attorney Haleigh Reisman said.

The manager told officers he found the younger brother shooting hoops in the gym and told him he had to wait for his ride outside, Reisman said. An argument then turned into a fight.

The younger brother left but came back with Crismael and they both allegedly attacked the the facility manager.

"The juvenile at one point told the victim, 'now you're dead. I'm going to kill you.' The victim stated he was kicked over and over again and was stabbed and cut during the struggle," Reisman said.

The first officers to arrive on scene saw the brothers leaving the gym and told them to stop. That's when the manager ran out of the building.

"He screamed, 'those are the guys who attacked and stabbed me,'" Reisman said.

Police arrested the two brothers and found a small, black, folding razor knife in the bushes outside the gym, according to the prosecutor.

Lithgow pleaded not guilty to the charges and is being held for a dangerousness hearing Oct. 7. His younger brother is being dealt with in juvenile court where cases are not made public.

The incident remains under investigation.

Contact Us