Construction Worker Dies After Electrocution While Working

A construction worker died after being electrocuted Tuesday while painting the window sills of a firehouse in Salem, Massachusetts, according to police.

Fire officials said the man was working in an elevated metal bucket when he was knocked unconscious by a shock from a live wire behind the Salem Fire Department.

The victim, identified by the Essex County District Attorney's Office as 59-year-old James Kennedy of Salem, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The DA's office says the incident appears to have been accidental.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate.

Contact Us