The bug went viral last week after a 14-year old discovered that, while group FaceTiming with friends on his iPhone, he was able to hear someone who hadn't picked up when he called. Apple acknowledged the bug and apologized.
Apple also temporarily deactivated group FaceTime while it prepared something more permanent. Now there's a software update that removes the exploit and lets you use group FaceTime again.
Here's how to update your iPhone:
- Open settings on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Choose Software Update.
- Let your iPhone download and install the new software.
This story first appeared on CNBC.com. Get more from CNBC:
- Americans are starting to feel better about buying homes — sort of
- There's one big reason behind the biggest bank merger in a decade: Technology
- AAA confirms what electric car owners suspected — cold weather saps EV range