A Florida couple was burned when the woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion of a propane barbecue grill being transported in their SUV.
Orlando police Lt. Cindy Lane tells NBC affiliate WESH that the grill was turned on and the propane tank was open in the back of the red Kia Sorento as they left a barbecue at the Central Florida Fairgrounds on Sunday afternoon.
The woman lit a cigarette and moments later the grill exploded, Lane said. The blast caused the driver to crash into a pole.
Lane says the woman and her husband were burned and their sports utility vehicle was severely damaged. The couple's injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.