Texas Restaurant Closed for Weekend Due to Laxatives on Pizza: PD - NBC10 Boston
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Texas Restaurant Closed for Weekend Due to Laxatives on Pizza: PD

The incident happened Friday night at Mr. Jim's Pizza in Springtown, Texas

Find NBC Boston in your area

Channel 10 on most providers

Channel 15, 60 and 8 Over the Air

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Texas Restaurant Closed for Weekend Due to Laxatives on Pizza: PD
    Facebook/Springtown Police Department
    Springtown Police Department in Springtown, TX.

    A Parker County, Texas, pizza restaurant was closed for the weekend after an employee reportedly put laxatives on a pizza Friday, causing a coworker to get sick, police say.

    The incident happened at Mr. Jim's Pizza in the 400 block of East State Highway 199 in Springtown, Texas, according to the city's police department.

    Springtown police said someone notified them around 8 p.m. Friday that a Mr. Jim's employee posted on social media that they put Miralax on pizzas.

    Three employees at the restaurant put Miralax on at least one pizza, which was eaten unknowingly by a coworker, police said. The employee who ate the food got sick.

    Body-Cam Footage Shows Baby Rescued From Plastic Bag

    [NATL] Baby Rescued From Plastic Bag in Georgia, Body-Cam Footage Shows

    Georgia sheriff's office released dramatic body-cam video showing the rescue of a newborn girl who was found alive inside a plastic bag in the woods.

    (Published Wednesday, June 26, 2019)

    Police said they questioned the three employees who made the pizza, and they denied putting laxatives on any pizzas purchased by the public.

    Police said they contacted the restaurant's owner and the Springtown health inspector, who pulled Mr. Jim's health permit. The restaurant will remain closed until it is re-inspected Monday.