NH Boy Scout Groups Accused of Failing to Stop Sex Abuse - NBC10 Boston

NH Boy Scout Groups Accused of Failing to Stop Sex Abuse

Six former scouts have sued the Boy Scouts of America and its New Hampshire division saying organizations were aware of sexual misconduct allegations against ex-leader Eugene Perreault

Find NBC Boston in your area

Channel 10 on most providers

Channel 15, 60 and 8 Over the Air

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    NH Boy Scout Groups Accused of Failing to Stop Sex Abuse

    Six former scouts have sued the Boy Scouts of America and its New Hampshire division, alleging that the groups failed to protect them from sexual abuse by an ex-scoutmaster who was sentenced to prison last year for assaulting scouts decades ago.

    The Rockingham Superior Court lawsuit alleges that the organizations were aware of reports of prior allegations against Eugene Perreault, yet they didn't properly supervise or investigate him.

    Perreault pleaded guilty last year to sexually assaulting four scouts in the 1990s and early 2000s. He received a 12-to-30-year sentence. The "John Doe" plaintiffs allege abuse during the same period. They seek unspecified damages.

    Daniel Webster Council President Steve Curry said in a statement the behavior outlined in the allegations is "abhorrent." He said the council adopted background checks and procedures to ensure member safety.

    Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló Struggles to Name Supporters

    [NATL] Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló Struggles to Name Supporters

    In a live interview with Fox, he falsely claims that Javier Jiménez, the Mayor of San Sebastián, Puerto Rico, supports his effort to stay in office.

    (Published Tuesday, July 23, 2019)

    Get the latest from NBC Boston anywhere, anytime:

    App

    Download our FREE app for iPhone, iPad and Android. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and sign up for our e-mail newsletters.