Michael Rosenfield

Firefighters On Scene at Historic Cape Cod Building

A fire broke out at a historic building in Bourne, Massachusetts Tuesday night.

Multiple apartments inside the historic Manomet Building have caught fire. It is unknown what caused it. 

Most tenants were able to escape on their own, but two had to be assisted. One of those people was an elderly man, who was rescued by firefighters from a second floor window and was taken to the hospital.

The building is just a few minutes away from the Bourne bridge. Injuries are unknown at this time. The American Red Cross is on scene assisting those who have been displaced. The building holds nine apartments and 11 tenants.

Contact Us