New Hampshire

Reward for Help Locating Manchester, NH Murder Suspect Increases

The reward for anyone who can help locate Paul Dimick, a man wanted on second degree murder in Manchester, New Hampshire, has gone up to $5,000.

Manchester police announced Tuesday that it would offer $2,500 to anyone who could help. Then Manchester resident Joe Kelly Levasseur contacted police and offered to match the reward, bringing the total to $5,000.

The cash reward will be paid to the person responsible for assisting law enforcement in locating and apprehending Dimick, police said. You can remain anonymous and still be eligible for the cash reward.

Authorities say 26-year-old Dimick stands at 5'6" and has a tattoo across his chest. The tattoo can be seen from the collar of his shirt.

necn was able to speak with the victim's girlfriend Saturday. She said he didn't have any family but was a "great guy."

After an hourslong standoff Friday at a home in Manchester, authorities are continuing their search for Dimick.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Dimick is asked to notify authorities. 

Around 11 a.m., 32-year-old Justin Lee was shot on Hanover Street. He was taken to an area hospital with a gunshot wound and later died. Police later surrounded a home at the corner of Hanover and Maple streets, where the shooting suspect was believed to be barricaded.

SWAT teams also searched nearby apartment buildings for the shooter.

After 10 p.m., MacDonald announced that an arrest warrant had been issued for Dimick on a murder charge. Dimick is considered armed and dangerous.

Authorities said dismissal at nearby Central High School was delayed due to the police activity in the area. Just after 7:30 p.m, police said they would safely be able to transport students and staff from the school, "based on intelligence gathered from the SWAT team."

"They basically had to get through the lunches and then we just stayed in one class," said junior Owen Richmond. "We were in the same room till 9 p.m. and then they got us out."

"It's definitely nerve-wracking, for sure, but safety first," said Richmond's mother, Jennifer Ward. "There's so much stuff that happens with schools. Horrible, horrible things. I'd rather have my kid be home safe than have something bad happen, that they didn't take the right precautions."

Around 9:45 p.m., police announced that every student had been evacuated from the school.

"I want to thank the men and women in the Manchester Police Department who worked throughout the day to ensure the safety of our community. I'd also like to thank the teachers, administrators, staff and students at Manchester Central High School for your patience during this long afternoon and evening. To the parents of CHS students and residents of the Manchester community, thank you for your understanding," Mayor Joyce Craig said in a statement. "I know I'll be hugging my CHS freshman a little tighter tonight, as I'm sure hundreds of other parents will be as well."

"We felt it was, without a doubt, the safest possibility to keep the students there," Manchester Police Chief Carlo Capano said of the lockdown. "There was roughly 1,200 students, and roughly 1,100 are walking students or walk to a car in the vicinity of the shooting area."

Anyone with information about Dimick is asked to call 603-624-4040 or 603-792-5500.

Contact Us