Firefighters and hazmat teams swarmed a Stop & Shop supermarket in Boston where a potentially harmful leak was reported Wednesday, fire officials said.
The building, on60 Everett Street in Allston, was evacuated but no one was reported hurt, according to the Boston Fire Department.
The cause of the level-2 Hazmat response was a Freon gas leak in a second-floor machine room, firefighters said.
The supermarket said its store was evacuated out of "an abundance of caution," and that it "will remain closed until further notice." Stop & Shop is cooperating with the city and its fire department as they investigate what happened.
Get Boston local news, weather forecasts, lifestyle and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Boston’s newsletters.