Cape Cod

Cape Cod Elementary School Evacuated After Natural Gas Leak

A Cape Cod elementary school was evacuated and at least one adult was hospitalized following a natural gas leak on Tuesday morning.

Mashpee fire officials said students have been dismissed from Quashnet Elementary School for the remainder of the day after elevated levels of natural gas were detected in and around portions of the building.

Two kitchen workers were overcome by the gas, and one was taken to a local hospital.

Officials are still on the scene.

No further information was immediately available.

Contact Us