Crews responded to a hazmat situation Tuesday in Hanover, Massachusetts.
Police say a resident on Bates Way called 911 to report an intruder. When officers arrived, they say they found a man on the first floor with a bucket that was emitting vapors.
The officers reported the incident to Hanover Fire, who determined it was a hazardous materials situation. Hazmat responders were called to assist at the scene.
According to police, the contents of the bucket were determined to be a mixture of various chemicals.
Fire officials say the alleged intruder was decontaminated and washed off with water.
That man was transported to South Shore Hospital, but fire officials did not have any information about injuries.
As of 8:30 p.m., the scene remained active, but it was no longer considered a hazmat situation. The material in the bucket, however, has still not been identified.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Columbia Gas also responded at the request of Hanover Fire. The utility is on scene to ensure safe operations and support emergency crews.