Roof Collapses in Braintree House Fire

Two adults were displaced after a single family home caught fire on Granite Street in Braintree Wednesday morning

NBC Universal, Inc.

Firefighters battled intense heat and flames after a single-family home caught fire Wednesday morning in Braintree, Massachusetts. Part of the roof collapsed at the Granite Street home.

The intense heat made the job more difficult for firefighters, who were taking in plenty of water. The home is located near the South Shore Mall.

Two adults who were inside the home when the fire broke out were not injured, but they are now displaced. The Red Cross of Massachusetts was on scene to offer assistance.

Officials shut down Route 37 for some time Wednesday morning in both directions, diverting traffic into the South Shore Plaza. All lanes have since been reopened.

No further information was immediately available.

Contact Us