A suspect has been taken into custody after hours holed up in a home during a SWAT situation Thursday in Hampton, New Hampshire.
Hampton Police said earlier in the afternoon there was an "ongoing police incident" on Fairfield Drive. Residents were asked to shelter in place, but police said there was no public threat.
Hampton Police Chief Rich Sawyer said the suspect, 22-year-old Michael Ellis of Haverhill, did not surrender on his own. He says Ellis was given "multiple opportunities" to surrender, and when he did not, he was pulled out from a crawl space inside the home.
Charlie Blackmoore says Ellis has been staying at his house since Tuesday.
"I picked him up in Haverhill and brought him up here to hang out for a couple of days. It's been nice out, and I guess things got out of control," said Blackmoore.
Police say Ellis was wanted for armed robbery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon out of Massachusetts. They were tipped off around 10 a.m. that he was staying in New Hampshire.
No officers were hurt, and Ellis only suffered a minor injury.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Ellis will appear in court in New Hampshire on the newest charges, then he will be brought back to Massachusetts on the warrants.
It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney.