‘Heartbreaking': Gas Station Worker Hit by SUV on Life Support

Juanita Hamade says it would take a complete miracle for her father to recover after being struck Monday night by an SUV

A Massachusetts gas station employee remains on life support two days after he was struck by an SUV at work.

The 64-year-old man, who family and co-workers identified as Mike Hamade, suffered severe brain and spine injuries during the shocking incident at a Mobil station in Weymouth Monday night, according to his family. 

His daughter, Juanita Hamade, told NBC10 Boston that she does not believe the prognisis for her father is good. 

“It would be a complete miracle from God if he opens his eyes," Juanita Hamade said. "Doctors basically say that the moment he hit the ground he was gone.”

Family members were headed to Weymouth to say goodbye to the man, according to the daughter, including the man's son, a military serviceman who was in Africa at the time of the crash. 

Surveillance video shows the moments before the 64-year-old Mobil employee was struck at his job Monday night in Weymouth. He was taken to South Shore Hospital. 

Those who know the victim are struggling with the sudden turn of events.

Dave Tattlebaum and his dog Makita were at the Mobil Monday night and witnessed the crash.

“It’s heartbreaking,” he said. “I was there. I saw the whole thing from stop to go.”

Tattlebaum rushed over to help, alongside a team of paramedics and firefighters, too.

“I said, ‘Mike, can you hear me, can you hear me?’ And he didn't move, didn't say a word,” said Tattlebaum. “I'm not feeling good at all, I just, down in the dumps, ya know.”

Back in January, this same clerk was brutally attacked inside the Mobil gas station. During that incident, he was pistol whipped as he defended himself from three robbers.

He returned to work the very next day.

“I've known him for 20 years, and just a great guy,” Tattlebaum said.

The woman driving the SUV stayed on the scene. The manager says she was dropping her SUV off to be serviced when the crash happened.

Investigators were back at the gas station Tuesday, and the incident remains under investigation.

Contact Us