Dog Saved From Fire at Revere Home

Firefighters were dousing the flames with fire hoses

NBC Universal, Inc.

A dog was rescued after a fire broke out at a home Wednesday afternoon in Revere, Massachusetts.

Aerial footage showed smoke pouring from the home on Kingman Avenue, which was surrounded by firefighters who were dousing the flames with fire hoses. Part of the roof collapsed.



Watch NBC10 Boston news for free, 24/7, wherever you are.


Get Boston local news, weather forecasts, lifestyle and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Boston’s newsletters.

Four people live in the building, according to Revere Fire Chief Chris Bright.

Mel, a 6-year-old dog, lives on the first floor. The dog's owner, Lucy Silva, was at work when the fire started, and she came home to find the animal wrapped in a blanket.

Silva says when she got a call from her landlord about the fire, she thought Mel was gone.

"Only me and her in the house, the dog's my best friend," she said. "Since I adopted her."

Two firefighters were sent to the hospital for heat issues, but are expected to be OK.

Contact Us