‘Armed and Dangerous' Framingham Murder Suspect on the Loose

Eric Hargrett, 34, of Framingham, was found dead at a Hayes Street home early Saturday morning

NBC Universal, Inc.

Authorities announced an arrest in the fatal shooting of a man on Saturday in Framingham, Massachusetts, but a second suspect who is considered "armed and dangerous" remains on the loose.

Aaron Sutton, 49, of Framingham, was arrested Monday after he was spotted in the city by an off-duty officer who called in additional officers. He was taken into custody without incident and is expected to be arraigned Wednesday in Framingham District Court.

His older brother, Eugene Sutton Jr., 52, also of Framingham, remains on the loose and investigators are actively seeking to locate him. Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said he is considered "armed and dangerous" and should not be approached by members of the public.

He is described as 5'8", about 210 pounds, with black hair, brown eyes, and a scar and a tattoo of a double-barrel shotgun on his left forearm. He is known to frequent downtown Framingham and the Boston area.

Both Aaron and Eugene Sutton face charges including murder, armed robbery, armed assault to murder and possession of a firearm.

Eric Hargrett, 34, of Framingham, was shot and killed early Saturday morning in a Hayes Street home.

Police said they were called to a Hayes Street home at 1:19 a.m. Saturday for a reported shooting. When they arrived, they found Eric Hargrett, 34, of Framingham, dead at the scene of an apparent gunshot wound.

Ryan said preliminary investigation suggests that the Suttons had a phone conversation with Hargrett and agreed to meet with him at the Hayes Street residence, which operates as a rooming house. When they arrived, the three men went inside the house, and a short time afterward, witnesses reported hearing a gunshot.

Based on witness interviews and surveillance video, police said the Suttons fled the residence after the shooting. Hargrett was not a resident of the building and was located in a room rented by another man known to him.

Investigators subsequently developed information that Eugene Sutton had traveled to an Ashland residence after the shooting. After executing a search warrant at that residence, police said they found a gun consistent with the one used in the murder.

Ryan said further investigation showed the Suttons robbed Hargrett of money, his phone and other items, and during a subsequent altercation, he was slashed at least twice before Eugene Sutton shot him in the head.

An autopsy conducted Sunday determined that Hargrett's death was caused by the gunshot wound to the head and his manner of death was homicide.

Anyone with information on Eugene Sutton's whereabouts is asked to call Framingham police at (508) 872-1212.

Contact Us