Officials are urging anyone who attended a wrestling tournament in Hampton, New Hampshire, earlier this month to get tested for COVID-19 after multiple cases were linked to the event.
The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services determined there were "potential community exposures" at the King of the Mat Wrestling Tournament, held on Saturday, March 6, at the RIM Sports Complex between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m.
The King of the Mat Facebook page appeared to be down Tuesday morning.
The sports complex said on its website that the wrestling promoter, who was responsible for the tournament, “has done it’s due diligence by contacting every program and officials who participated that day” and that the complex has taken steps to sanitize and disinfect the facility.
“Over the past year, we have work tirelessly with the NH Task Force in writing the proper protocols for amateur sports and will cooperate with the state fully, to ensure a safe environment for all our customers,” it said.
According to its Facebook page, it appeared the facility was back hosting events on Monday night.
Anyone who participated in or attended the tournament during that timeframe may have been exposed and should get tested, according to health officials. They are also directly notifying people determined to have been exposed through contact tracing.
There are multiple testing options available to people who have potentially been exposed throughout the state.
For those without health insurance or a primary care provider, testing is available and can be scheduled by calling (603) 271-5980 or through completing the online form. Other options can be found here.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.