New Hampshire

Here's the Punishment NH Dad-to-Be Received for Gender Reveal Explosion

Anthony Spinelli of Kingston has been charged with disorderly conduct, police said

NBC Universal, Inc.

A New Hampshire man charged in connection with a gender reveal explosion that shook several area towns in April will receive a suspended $500 fine, the Union Leader reports.

Anthony Spinelli, 28, of Kingston, agreed to a plead no contest to a violation-level disorderly conduct charge during a virtual hearing in the Brentwood Circuit Court on Tuesday, the newspaper reported.

Spinelli turned himself into police in May and was charged with disorderly conduct, citing the fact that the blast "caused public alarm," police said.

The gender reveal, which took place on April 20 in Kingston, rattled nearby towns, set off reports of an earthquake and could be heard from across the state line, according to police.

After responding to reports of a loud explosion, police responded to Torromeo quarry where they found people who acknowledged holding a gender reveal party.

An explosive gender reveal in New Hampshire on Tuesday resulted in reports of an earthquake in the area. Police continue to stress the dangers of these gender reveals, which have resulted in injuries, damages and even fatalities.

The source was Tannerite — 80 pounds of it, police said. The family thought the quarry would be the safest spot to blow up the explosive, which is typically sold over the counter as a target for firearms practice, police said.

Nearby residents said the blast rocked their homes. Some reported property damage.

“We heard this god-awful blast,” Sara Taglieri, who lives in a home that abuts the quarry, told NBC10 Boston. “It knocked pictures off our walls … I’m all up for silliness and what not, but that was extreme.”

Taglieri’s husband, Matt, said neighbors reported cracks in the foundation of their homes from the explosion.

Plaistow resident Maggie Jasmin, who lives two miles from the quarry, told the Union Leader her tap water turned brown in the wake of the explosion.

No injuries were reported, police said.

Contact Us