Patriots pre-draft tracker: New England has met with these 2023 prospects originally appeared on NBC Sports Boston
There's less than a month remaining until the 2023 NFL Draft in Kansas City, and teams are hard at work doing research on the top prospects in this year's class.
This process includes Pro Day scouting, lots of film review, etc.
Get Boston local news, weather forecasts, lifestyle and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Boston’s newsletters.
Another important part of the pre-draft preparation is meeting with the players themselves. You can learn a lot about a player's on- and off-field makeup from these 1-on-1 meetings.
New seven-round 2023 NFL Mock Draft has a few Patriots surprises
The New England Patriots are among the teams that have been busy meeting with draft prospects. The Patriots own the No. 14 overall pick in the first round and have 11 selections in total.
In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area.
Some of their most glaring roster needs to address in the draft are offensive tackle, wide receiver and cornerback.
Here's a tracker of the 2023 draft prospects they've met with post-NFL Scouting Combine. This story will be updated as more meetings are announced/reported.
- Kendre Miller, RB, TCU (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss (Jon Sokoloff, WCBI News)
- Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina (Travon Miles, ABC 11)
- Jaquelin Roy, DT, LSU (Doug Kyed, AtoZ Sports)
- Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson (Grayson Mann, Clemson)
- Emmanuel Forbes, DB, Mississippi State (Jon Sokoloff, WCBI News)